Here are the super easy snickers-like vegan chocolate bars I made over the weekend. Healthy, well "healthier" than the store-bought, they are filled with fruit, nuts and delicious dark chocolate. High fibre and filled with nutrients, these bars are rich and sweet, but also are satisfyingly filling, so one is really enough!
- 300gms dates (medjool if you can get them or soak in warm water 15 minutes for other brands)
- 120gms smooth high quality peanut butter
- 120gms coconut oil
- 3-6 tablespoons water (if you haven't soaked the dates)
Chocolate Coating Ingredients
- 300gms dark chocolate (vegan)
- 3-4tbsp coconut oil
- In the same food processor (or thermomix) add all ingredients for the caramel and blend until super smooth and caramel like in texture. It can take up to 5 or 10 minutes. It might not clump and seperate, but you gotta push past it and keep blending, it does come together in the end, and is a smooth brown toffee colour.
- Press mixture with a spoon into some chocolate bar moulds. Put them in the freezer for one hour or i fridge for 3 hours until solid.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut together and pop out the caramel bars. Coat them in chocolate and lay them on baking paper. Put them in fridge for 2 hours or until chocolate is solid.
- Store in fridge in airtight container.
- Makes 10-12 bars.